Around 1,200 athletes descended upon the downtown core for the 33rd Annual Pushor Mitchell Kelowna Apple Triathlon.
The three-day event sees racers young and old participating in events regardless of their abilities whether it is novice or elite. A few races took place Friday night but official triathlon events got underway Saturday including the Junior Elite race, which doubled as the Junior Provincial Championships.
Junior Elites: Junior Provincial Championships
Top 3 Males
- Michael Milic Delta,BC 56:03 JR Prov. Champ.
- Brennen Smith Victoria,BC 56:24
- Cooper Bentley Calgary, AB 56:41
Top 3 Females
- Desirea Ridenour Cowichan Bay, BC 1:01:40 JR Provincial Champ.
- Hannah Henry Victoria, BC 1:01:59
- Kyla Roy MB 1:02:08
For Kelowna Apple Triathlon official race times please go to: www.startlinetiming.com/appletri