To the Editor,
As someone who is electro-hyper-sensitive, I’m really angry that yet another public service is being denied to me.
Public buildings – libraries, universities, government offices, hospitals, medical clinics, community centres – and privately-owned restaurants and coffee shops are all infested with “wireless connectivity syndrome”: microwave-emitting cellphones, i-Somethings, Blue Whatevers, Wi-Fi, cordless phones, wireless spy cameras, smart meters, etc.
The World Health Organization classified microwave radiation from these gadgets as a Class 2B carcinogen.
My tax dollars, like everyone else’s, support our public buildings and services.
I can’t access those services because my body literally feels microwave radiation inside those buildings. First I itch, then get dizzy and nauseated, lose focus and memory, develop headaches.
Your body may not sense microwaves the way mine does, but long-term effects – DNA damage (cancer, sterility), immune system failure, neurological disorders –will affect us equally.
The only safe place is inside a Faraday cage, a sealed metal box – suffocatingly boring, really.
B.C. Ferries vessels are moving Faraday cages with holes (windows) – microwave radiation from wireless gadgets bounces back and forth inside the ships, magnifying its effects (same as inside a moving vehicle).
I don’t understand why WorkSafeB.C. allows such gross violations of their own regulations (employees may not be exposed to Class 2B carcinogens if safer options are available) and why our provincial government knowingly microwaves its employees and taxpayers.
Alaska WCB had to pay for microwaving a tradesman – what makes WorkSafeB.C. think it’ll get away with it?
From canary-in-a-coal-mine to microwaved steak – and I pay taxes for this?