Pet owners beware of cannabis

In a 30-minute walk she picked up something and ingested it.

letters

Pet owners beware of cannabis

A lovely early morning walk with my dog turned into a horrific day for us both!

After arriving back home and feeding her breakfast, 45 minutes later she started acting very strange. Couldn’t really walk and kept falling over. This was about 7:30 a.m. I knew I wouldn’t be able to reach our vet until 9 a.m. I wasn’t prepared to wait. I phoned the emergency vet hospital located in Nanaimo. I gave a description of her symptoms over the phone and they suggested she had “pot tox”!

In a 30-minute walk she picked up something and ingested it. Drove her up there immediately — they are a 24 hour emergency vet clinic. After trying to induce vomiting they put her on IV for 12 hours and then two charcoal cocktails.

Due to the COVID-19 virus, I was not allowed to enter the building. I knew she was in good hands. I was able to take her home that evening and she is recovering but I tell you, I was very scared.

Thank you so much to the Central Island Veterinary Emergency Hospital for taking immediate and wonderful care of my little friend.

Shelagh Glanville

Duncan

Cowichan Valley Citizen

Just Posted

Most Read