It is unbelievable how careless people are with their cigarette buds.
Fires burning everywhere, but some people still don’t seem to get it.
As I left the off-leash dog park at Crescent Beach Friday afternoon, I found a smoldering cigarette butt in the grass. I probably would not have found it had it not been for the dog sniffing along the fence.
I am not pointing fingers, but there had been workers there with a big truck. They had been there for quite some time.
So, guys if you had a smoke while doing your work, think again. Ensure your butt is dead before it is discarded. In this dry weather everyone has to be especially careful.
Gerda Barwieck, Surrey