Why vote for the HST?
1. We save $1.6 billion paid by the feds.
2. We save much of the administration cost of the PST.
3. We increase jobs in B.C. as a result of employers being more competitive.
4. We join the European Union, the Nordic countries, Mexico and New Zealand, and in Canada, the Maritimes, Quebec and Ontario with a value-added system that puts the consumption cost at the end of the production line rather than accumulating at each step along the way.
5. We avoid the alternative of a reintroduction of the PST tax and lose all the benefits listed above.
6. Mr. Layton supports the HST in Nova Scotia but not here.