• I would like to recognize our Peninsula News Review carrier, Betty Yates who recently retired after 20 years of exceptional service in our neighbourhood.
Thank you Betty! We will miss seeing you out on our street with your two dogs every Wednesday and Friday.
• Sidney Sister Cities Association wishes to thank Alexander’s Coffee and Thrifty Foods for their donations of coffee, cookies and juice boxes for the Welcome Back to the Anacortes Ferry event on Sunday, March 22. This is now a well-established spring ritual and the generosity of these two local businesses is very much appreciated.
And thanks to the local community for again turning out to welcome back the ferry.
Lesley Nicholls, President, Sidney Sister Cities Association
• No bouquets, pun intended, to the man that parked his car Sunday afternoon partially on the road on Sterling Way and proceeded to pick the daffodils in the field. He must have been desperate for flowers.
Hopefully he is enjoying his ‘ill-begotten flowers’ as the public can no longer enjoy his bouquet on their way to Sidney.
• I would like to express my sadness on seeing that The Dollar Den in Brentwood Bay is closing.What a lovely small family business it has been for many years. I have been to that store for cards, presents and balloons over the years and have always been welcomed with a smile and a helping hand.
How can we expect to keep small businesses going when a huge franchise opens just a few blocks away?
I wish the owners of The Dollar Den much success in what ever they do.
• Thank you to two gentlemen who picked me up from a fall on 3rd Street in Sidney not long ago. Thank you to Bob, or was it Bill, and his friend who picked me up after I collapsed. Their assistance ensured I was taken by ambulance to the ER at the Saanich Peninsula Hospital.
Sincerely, an 88-year-old lady and her family and friends
• I’d like to thank the Victoria Airport Authority for the fantastic running trail. It’s used by all ages and is a great asset to our community.
Also, they’re kind enough to switch off the Mills Road water fountain only during extreme weather. Very much appreciated!
Send your beefs or bouquets to us at 103-9830 Second Street, Sidney, fax: 250-656-5526 or email email@example.com. Beefs and Bouquets is a free service provided by the News Review.