With heavy hearts and tremendous sorrow, we, the daughters – Barbara Skladowski and Margaret Allen – sadly announce to the world the untimely passing of our beloved mother, Stella Novak. Our precious mother died of an undetermined cause of death.
“Mamo Kochana, we honor you by saying:
You were so loved and appreciated.
You were such a wonderful mother.
You were such a beautiful person.
You always listened with your heart.
You deserved the best of everything.
We loved you so very, very much.”
“Happy Valentine’s Day, Dearest Mother! We know with your outstretched arms up in Heaven, you are sending us your love in return.” In the same spirit of love,My mother would have wanted me to quote this sacred verse of scripture: “Let no one seek his own good, but the good of his neighbor.” I Corinthians 10:24. Special honorary mention goes out to constable Stuart Buist who was very kind, gentle, and a blessing to my mother. An honorary mention also goes to member of parliament Mark Warawa, who, in 2017, delighted and honored our mother on her July 1st birthday with a commemorative certificate coinciding with Canada’s 150th birthday.
Her legacy would also remind everyone to remember the “Ten Commandments of Good Human Relations.” (She kept this clipping for many, many years and always wanted me to find a way to “get it out there.”) It reads as follows:
Getting along with people might be just a little easier if you:
1. Speak to people – there is nothing as nice as a cheerful word of greeting.
2. Smile at people – it takes 72 muscles to frown, and only 14 to smile – it’s infectious.
3. Call people by name – the sweetest music to anyone’s ear is the sound of his/her name.
4. Be friendly and helpful – if you would like to have friends, be friendly.
5. Be cordial – speak and act as if everything you do is a genuine pleasure.
6. Be generous with praise – cautious with criticism.
7. Be genuinely interested in people – you can like everyone if you try.
8. Be considerate of others’ feelings – it will be appreciated.
9. Be thoughtful of the opinions of others – there are three sides to a controversy: yours, the other
fellow’s, and the right one.
10. Be alert to give service – what counts most in life is what we do for others.
Always remember, two things can be bad for the heart: * Running uphill * Running down people.
A second obituary to follow with more announcements.