Born on October 1, 1991, James David Denton was a beloved son and brother taken too soon from his family and friends on July 24, 2011.
The celebration of life for James was held on July 30. David, Brenda and Shane like to express our sincere gratitude to so many people:
– To Dr. Huisamen and staff at St. Joseph’s Hospital, who fought valiantly to save James’ life.
– To Bill Green, James’ former school principal, who honoured us by officiating, and to everyone who worked tirelessly in a huge family and community effort to ensure that James’ celebration of life was nothing less than perfect.
– To our dear family and friends. We are so heartened by the extraordinary love and generosity of our amazing family and friends, without whose ongoing support we would have been lost in the face of this heartbreak. You have comforted and sustained us in so many ways, and given us the strength we need to carry on.
– To our community – even those of you who we don’t personally know, who have offered sympathy, prayers and observations about how James touched your lives. Your expressions of kindness are genuinely appreciated.
– To the media. our heartfelt appreciation for allowing us to put a face to this senseless loss. It has been so important for us to let everyone know who James was, the positive impact he had made on those around him, and what he had worked so hard to achieve in only 19 short years.
Sincere thanks also to everyone who has contributed to the James Denton Memorial Bursary through School District 71. Your contributions to the bursary fund are the perfect remembrance to James’ generous spirit.
Just as our memories of James will be treasured forever, so too will be the many demonstrations of kindness shown by our family, friends and community.