Your daily commute and weather forecast: Oct. 5, 2018

Cloudy today, but with a sunny break tomorrow. Light congestion on the commute

  • Oct. 5, 2018 12:00 a.m.

Your average commute time. Google Maps

Good morning! It was a cloudy, cool start to the day — with an incredible sunrise! — at 7 C as of 7:30 a.m., and the Environment Canada weather service tells us it’s mostly cloudy with light rain-showers, 91 per cent humidity and 5 km/h winds from the north-northeast.

Those clouds are set to stick around, for the most part, for much of the day, with a 60 per cent chance of showers this afternoon and a high of 14 C.

Tonight is expected to clear up with a low of 5 C, and tomorrow looks a sunny reprieve, with a high of 16 C and a low of 5, before heading back into clouds and rain in the early week.

Environment Canada

But don’t get too comfortable with tomorrow’s sun, as Sunday starts to see cloud and a 40 per cent chance of showers, at a high of 13 C. Temperatures are set to hold in the low- to mid-teens Sunday to Thursday, with 60 per cent chance of showers on Monday and Tuesday.

Currently, visibility is 32 kilometres.

Google Maps

On clear roads and driving at the speed limit, a drive from the Abbotsford News building to Downtown Vancouver would take 50 minutes.

Today, your daily commute time as of 7:30 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 27, 2018 is one hour 10 minutes, with lighter than usual traffic congestion along Highway 1 through Langley and past the Port Mann Bridge.

Report an error or send us your tips, photos and video.


Like the Abbotsford News on Facebook.

Follow us on Twitter.

Abbotsford News

Just Posted

Most Read