Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 25 calls for service from November 18th, 8 a.m. till November 19th, 8 a.m.
During the same time period, 11 people were lodged in Terrace cells – seven of these people were lodged for intoxication.
• Group of people drinking alcohol in an alley off of Lakelse Ave. Police dumped some alcohol.
• Pocket dial cellular 911 call. A person was tracked down. It was false.
• Abandoned 911 call from a pay phone. Nobody was found needing police assistance.
• Suicidal woman lying on the railroad tracks. Police spoke with the woman and determined that she had passed out on the tracks. The young woman was arrested. Two intoxicated men with her were also arrested.
• Police observed a group of people hanging out in a stairwell passing a bottle around. Police spoke with the group and dumped some alcohol.
• Fight on Lakelse Ave. Checks of the area were done.
• Police found an older man and much younger woman huddled together in a back alley. The woman was severely intoxicated and police had safety concerns. Checks determined that she was in breach of conditions of two Recognizances and one Undertaking by consuming alcohol. The 21-year-old woman was arrested and is held for court.
• Hit and run occurred on Kalum St./Lakelse Ave. A picture of the offending vehicle, a green and brown camo Dodge Durango, was obtained at the time of the incident. Under investigation.
• False business alarm on Lakelse Ave.
• Police observed a heavily intoxicated man leaning against a dumpster at Lakelse Ave./Eby St. Checks determined that he had warrant for his arrest out of Ft. St John. The 59-year-old man was arrested.
• Threats investigation.
• Peace Bond application.
• A man passed out in the library. Two adult intoxicated men were arrested. An amount of marijuana and alcohol were seized.
• Three warrants were issued for a 26-year-old woman who failed to attend court.
• Police observed a group of people loitering near the Park Avenue Medical Building. They were spoken with and some alcohol was dumped.
• Shots were heard in the area of Graham Ave./Feeny Ave. Checks of the area were done.
• A woman yelling no and causing a disturbance on Park Ave. Police spoke with a man and a woman. An offence was not determined.
• An intoxicated woman causing issues at a residence. The adult woman was arrested.
• Assist an external agency with an investigation.
• Police observed a person passed out under the band shelter at George Little Park. Checks determined that the woman had a warrant for her arrest. The 33-year-old woman was arrested.
• A green 2003 Buick Century was pulled over in a road check on Old Lakelse Lake Dr./Crescent St. The 42-year-old driver was prohibited from driving. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel. The vehicle was impounded.
• A truck was pulled over on Old Lakelse Lake Dr. An amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia were seized from the 27-year-old driver.
If you have information about crime contact the Terrace RCMP at 250-638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).
If your information leads to an arrest, you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2,000.