Not everyone made the cut when it came to funding from the City of Vernon.
Council approved a number of grants for community groups Monday, but many requests were also denied.
“Some of them did not meet the criteria of the grant program,” said Coun. Bob Spiers.
“They may have been for operating expenses and not for one-time programs.”
Among the grant applications denied:
* $20,000 for new ceiling tiles, lighting upgrades and flooring at the Eagles Hall because it is considered a social club.
* $5,000 for the replacement of tables at the Schubert Centre because it receives other money.
* $5,000 for cages and cabinets for the Warren Peace Bunny Sanctuary because it’s not located in Vernon.
Council did ratify some grant applications, including:
* $5,000 for Canada 150 celebrations during Vernon Winter Carnival.
* $10,000 for construction of new facilities at the North Okanagan Neurological Association Child Development Centre.
* $9,000 for new kitchen equipment at the Upper Room Mission.