The Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 20 calls for service from January 28, 8 AM till January 29, 8 AM. During the same time period there were three people lodged in Terrace Cells, none for public intoxication.
* a person set their purse down in Save On Foods, turned away briefly, and when they turned back the purse was gone. An iPhone 4s, various cards and ID were in the purse.
* break and enter to Terrace Frame Design on Lazelle Ave
* familial dispute. An 18 yr old woman was arrested for public intoxication and mischief. Under investigation.
* threats made via Facebook. Police spoke with the people involved.
* false business alarm on Keith Ave
* a black GMC Sonoma with kayaks on a rack driving in an erratic manner on Molitor St. and Haugland Ave. Checks were done of area.
* community event
* a rock was thrown through the driver’s side window of a vehicle left overnight at the curling rink parking lot on School St.
* a vehicle left overnight at the curling rink parking lot on School St had its driver’s window and passenger’s window smashed out
* assist Mills Memorial Hospital in locating a 39 yr old AWOL patient
* damage to a room at Mills Memorial Hospital. Under investigation.
* a vehicle was impounded on Medeek Ave
* missing suicidal 13 yr old girl. Police apprehended her under the Mental Health Act and transported her to Mills Memorial Hospital.
* barking dog near King Ave. Police did checks of the area.
* false 911 call on Old Lakelse Lake Dr
* erratic driver in a black 2012 Ford F 450 truck on Highway 16 near Walmart.
* familial dispute. Advice was given on the matter.
* suspicious circumstances. Under investigation.
* a green 1998 Geo Metro in the ditch just east of Usk on Hwy 16. Police assisted with traffic control. No injuries. Vehicle was towed out and went on its way.
* possible impaired driver in a grey Ford Tempo on Hwy 16 near the Tempo Gas Station.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).