Van fire

Electrical wiring malfunction suspected as cause of vehicle fire

  • May. 16, 2012 7:00 p.m.
Around 3:15 p.m. on May 10, a late model van caught fire just north of the north entrance to 103 Mile. RCMP and the 100 Mile House Fire-Rescue responded with one fire truck, one command vehicle and seven personnel to the incident. Fire chief Darrell Blades says the fire appears to have started in the vehicle's wiring. He adds the driver was taken to 100 Mile District General Hospital and was treated for smoke inhalation.

Around 3:15 p.m. on May 10, a late model van caught fire just north of the north entrance to 103 Mile. RCMP and the 100 Mile House Fire-Rescue responded with one fire truck, one command vehicle and seven personnel to the incident. Fire chief Darrell Blades says the fire appears to have started in the vehicle's wiring. He adds the driver was taken to 100 Mile District General Hospital and was treated for smoke inhalation.

100 Mile House Free Press