A fire in Surrey has left nine homeless, and sent one person to the hospital. (City of Surrey)

A fire in Surrey has left nine homeless, and sent one person to the hospital. (City of Surrey)

Surrey house fire leaves nine homeless

Fourplex burns down, smoke alarms reportedly not in operation

  • Aug. 7, 2017 12:00 p.m.

A fire has destroyed a fourplex on 128 Avenue and 103 Street, leaving nine people without a home and sending one person to the hospital. 

Surrey Fire responded to the fire at around 4:45 a.m. Monday morning. Crews extinguished the blaze, but the home was destroyed.

The building’s smoke alarms were reportedly not in operation and the fire was only discovered and called in when a resident smelled smoke.

More to come.

Maple Ridge News

Just Posted

Most Read