A third generation Langley resident has been named as the 51-year-old man killed in a basement suite fire in Surrey on July 4.
Gerald Jorgenson died at the scene, after Surrey firefighters pulled him out of the burning home just before 1 a.m. His landlords called 911 to report the fire, which may have been caused by a burning cigarette.
His mother, Carol, said Gerald’s grandfather, Alfred Jorgenson owned 20 acres of land across from Trinity Western University.
Gerald leaves behind three daughters, all in their 20s.
He was a ‘Langley boy’ attending Glenwood Elementary and then Brookswood Secondary, she said.
“He was considered the nicest guy,” said his mom.
His funeral was held Monday at Henderson’s Funeral in Langley.