Sooke municipal council on Tuesday (July 24) will hold four public hearings at a special meeting called by Mayor Maja Tait.
The five hearings centre around development.
• The Prestige Oceanfront Resort wants to rezone its water lot to include a marina. The development includes a private resort moorage for guests arriving by boat or float plane and a fuel station.
• The owner of 6829 Grant Rd. West plan to rezone the property to allow for approximately 16 single-family lots with a minimum lot size of 3,767 square feet.
• The developer of View Pointe Estates, located at Maple Park Terrace, will make a second attempt at rezoning to build 137 houses. The plan also includes installing trail corridors, nature viewing areas, a playground and picnic area, and parking for visitors.
• A zoning amendment is being considered for 2330 Sunriver Way and 6398 Shambook Drive to allow office and health services as permitted land uses. The bylaw also proposes to increase lot coverage from 30 to 35 per cent on parcels of land in the Rivers Edge Seniors residential development.
• The owner of 6868 Beaton Rd. is looking for a rezoning to create one additional lot for future development on a .33 parcel of land.
The public hearings begin at 7 p.m.