Creston RCMP received 50 calls for assistance, including a tip about a beer keg theft years ago, from January 8-15, Staff Sgt. Ryan Currie said on Tuesday.
• Police were called to locate a dog wandering on Highway 21
• A complaint of harassment was made about a customer at a Creston business.
• An attempted fraud on Facebook was reported.
• An on-going neighbours’ dispute over loud music once again drew a visit from police.
• A vehicle was reported to be playing loud music.
• A report of a dog attacking another dog in Wynndel was referred to RCMP bylaw services.
• An Internet fraud on a local buy and sell site was reported.
• Police attended to a neighbours’ dispute in Erickson over the piling up of plowed snow.
• An uninsured vehicle was reported to be in operation on a public road in Erickson.
• No one was injured in a house fire in Kitchener.
• A violation of the Customs Act was reported from the Kingsgate duty-free store.
• A request for assistance in drafting a peace bond from a former partner was received.
• A neighbours’ dispute in Erickson got a police visit.
• A cold case could be reopened after police got an anonymous tip about a beer keg theft from years past.
• When police responded to a domestic assault incident the impaired suspect arrived back at the residence in a vehicle he was driving. The suspect was arrested and charged with impaired operation. He also got a 24-hour license suspension and the vehicle was impounded for seven days.
• Police located a driver of a van reported to suspicious, but they found nothing of concern.
• No charges are being pursued following an investigation about an assault at a local business. The complainant was determined to be the aggressor.
• A break and enter to a Creston residence was reported.
• Mischief resulting in damage to a vehicle was reported in town.
• A breach of a court order was reported.
• A suspect in a series of late night crimes has been arrested. Responding to a report by a concerned Creston resident, police stopped a vehicle and found numerous controlled substances, some packaged for sale. Also found was liquor and evidence that the driver had been stealing gas from vehicles and storage tanks. The driver is being held to face numerous charges in court.