The Penticton Fire Department was called to Southwood Retirement Resort on Monday evening. Photo courtesy of Skylar Noe-Vack

Penticton fire department called to retirement resort

Smoke was found on the fourth floor coming from two units

The Penticton Fire Department was called just before 8:30 p.m. on Monday for a possible structure fire at the Southwood Retirement Resort on Wilson Street.

Visible smoke was found on the fourth floor coming from two units by Southwood staff. Upon arrival, fire crews made their way to the fourth floor and determined it was caused by burnt food.

Crews cleared the building of smoke and allowed residents to return to thier units.

Just Posted

Most Read