HERE ARE the events requiring the presence of Terrace RCMP officers for the 24-hour period ending 8 am, June 28.
– a vehicle struck another vehicle while parallel parking on Kalum St and then left the scene. Under investigation.
– two puppies tied to a post on Lakelse Ave. Police did checks of the area and could not find any puppies.
– abandoned vehicle parked in front of the TD Canada Trust. Police spoke with registered owner. He had delivered the van to the bank because they held the loan and it was not feasible for him to keep up the payments on the van.
– man passed out in Tim Horton’s on Lakelse Ave. He was spitting in the restaurant. Police arrested a 22 yr old man for public intoxication.
– false business alarm on Kalum St – domestic dispute. Police attended to the residence and spoke with the people involved. An offence was not committed and everyone was fine.
– two bikes and a longboard were stolen from an unlocked shed on Lanfear Dr sometime between June 25, 9 PM and June 26, 4:30 PM. The bikes are described as one green and one blue Brodie Endur. The longboard is a Rip Stick red and black in color.
– a found wallet with cash and cheque was found and turned into police. The wallet was returned to its owner.
– a 33 yr old woman and a 27 yr old woman had a consensual fight over a mutual boyfriend at the Tim Horton’s parking lot on Keith Ave.
– a black leather Billabong wallet with various cards was lost
– suicidal 29 yr old man
– motor vehicle incident at Hwy 16 west / Kenney St. A black Honda Civic driven by a 25 yr old man was turning left to head south onto Kenney St and collided with a grey Chevrolet Silverado driven by a 27 yr old man proceeding west thru the intersection. The Chevy suffered extensive damage and had to be towed. The Honda suffered moderate damage. No injuries to the people involved.
– a wallet was found on Scott Ave and turned into police who returned it to its owner.
– 13 yr old girl reported missing. Parent stated that she was probably at her boyfriend’s. Police did locate her at her boyfriend’s. Police transported her to another location. Other agencies are assisting police with this situation.
– landlord / tenancy dispute on Straume Ave
– false cellular 911 call
– a man was observed by police in the George Little Park. Upon speaking with the man police noted a smell of marihuana. Drug paraphernalia was seized from the man.
– an intoxicated man banging on a residence on Little Ave and refusing to leave. Police located the man stumbling down Atwood St and arrested him for public intoxication.
– group of rowdy intoxicated men on Spark St. Police attended the location and observed three men on top of one man in an altercation. All four men were arrested. Investigation determined that the man at the bottom of the pile had been chasing a woman. Three of the men were released at scene. Police located the woman at a residence on Hall St and determined that she was intoxicated and under the influence of other drugs but otherwise safe.
– an intoxicated man wrecking things in an apartment on Sparks St. Police spoke with the man, who was upset and going to bed.
– police checked a green 2006 Dodge Caravan at Hwy 16 East and Hwy 37 South. The driver did not have a driver’s licence and one of the two children in the vehicle was not properly restrained. The driver was issued a prohibition notice, the vehicle was impounded, and violation tickets were issued.
– neighbors in their backyard were swearing too much. Police spoke with the potty mouth people and advised them to move indoors.
– police assisted BC Ambulance with an abandoned 911 on Halliwell. A 17 yr old boy thought he was having a heart attack. He was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital.
– man banging on doors on Pear St. Police arrested a 46 yr old man and a 44 yr old woman for public intoxication.
– intoxicated man causing a disturbance on Kalum St. Police located the man on a deck breaking patio furniture and stumbling around. The 50 yr old man was arrested for mischief and public intoxication.
– two men and a woman fighting on Little Ave. Only one man was in the area. He stated that the fight was over alcohol and dislike of the other man’s father. The 31 yr old man was arrested for public intoxication. Checks were done of the area for the other two people.
– a man was assaulted at a residence on Haugland Ave and thought his wallet was stolen. BC Ambulance transported the man to Mills Memorial Hospital. Police attended to the residence on Haugland Ave and found the man’s wallet on the floor. Police determined that the fight was consensual between two intoxicated men.
– domestic dispute. A man was bit on the chest and punched in the head. A woman was pushed. The 34 yr old woman was arrested for assault. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
– two intoxicated 17 yr old girls walking down Pear St. Checks were done of area.
– false business alarm on Walsh Ave.
– a man and woman looking at a boat at the end of a driveway on Penner St. The homeowner spoke to the persons and they became verbally abusive. A second call was received from a woman stating that she had been yelled at by a man on Penner St while looking at his boat. Police spoke with the people involved and advice was given.
– intoxicated man with no shirt running around the Thornhill Community Grounds. Checks were done of area.
– a Guess purse was found and turned into police who returned it to its owner. – a wallet was found and returned to its owner. – abandoned vehicle near the “new dump area”. The registered owner was contacted who was rude and uncooperative with police. Ministry of Forests is assisting.
– loud party was shut down by police on 1st Ave on Lakelse Lake
– abandoned trailer on Hwy 16 West. Police spoke with the registered owner and the owner of the trailer, as this ended up being two different people.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting “TERRACE plus your message” to 274637 (CRIMES).