(Click on each red pin in the map above to see the date and details of each shooting.)
Police say two groups – one of Somalian decent, the other, South Asian – are believed to be responsible for 11 of 21 shootings in Surrey and North Delta since the second week of March. – See more at: http://www.thenownewspaper.com/news/surrey-rcmp-reaching-out-to-sikh-somalian-elders-after-drug-turf-shootings-1.1823679#sthash.39CC5IW1.dpufPolice say two groups – one of Somalian decent, the other, South Asian – are believed to be responsible for 11 of 21 shootings in Surrey and North Delta since the second week of March. – See more at: http://www.thenownewspaper.com/news/surrey-rcmp-reaching-out-to-sikh-somalian-elders-after-drug-turf-shootings-1.1823679#sthash.39CC5IW1.dpuf
TIMELINE OF SHOOTINGS:
1. (Surrey) March 9, 2015 â€“ Police were advised that a man had been dropped off at a local hospital suffering of gunshot wounds. Police attended but were unable to identify where the man, 20, got the injuries.
2. (Surrey) March 10, 2015 â€“ Four men were driving in a Cadillac CTS near 127th Street and 78th Avenue at roughly 6:45 p.m. when they were shot at by people in two other vehicles, believed to be a black Acura TL and a Volkswagen Passat or Jetta. One of the men was shot in the neck and taken to Surrey Memorial Hospital. None of the parties co-operated with police.
3. (Surrey) March 10, 2015 â€“ Shortly before midnight, police received multiple reports of a truck shooting at a black Acura near 128th Street and 76th Avenue. Both vehicles fled, though bullet casings were found at the scene. There were no reports of anyone being admitted to hospital with gunshot wounds.
4. (Surrey) March 11, 2015 â€“ At roughly 1:30 p.m., a man was driving in his black Acura near 132nd Street and 80th Avenue when one or more people in a white SUV opened gunfire on him. The man fled and drove to an apartment on 102A Avenue. The Surrey RCMP Drug Unit found the black Acura, which was damaged in the shooting, and seized it for forensic examination. The man was located nearby, uninjured, and refused to co-operate with police.
5. (Surrey) March 11, 2015â€“ Shortly before midnight, police responded to a call that a man had been shot near 193rd Street and 80th Avenue. The man was taken to hospital and was IDâ€™d as a 28-year-old Langley man. It was not determined where that shooting took place. Police believe the shooting was drug related and targeted.
6. (Surrey) March 12, 2015 â€“ At roughly 3:30 a.m., Surrey RCMP responded to reports of gunfire at a home near 94th Avenue and 126th Street. Once police arrived, no one was at the scene. No injuries were reported and police recovered evidence indicating shots had been fired in the area.
7. (Surrey) March 15, 2015â€“ A Whalley house was hit with bullets in a drive-by shooting that happened at roughly 2:30 a.m. near 94th and 126th Street. This is the second time in a matter of days that the home was targeted. It was the subject of another drive-by shooting on March 12 (see above).
8. (Surrey) March 26, 2015 â€“ At roughly 8:30 p.m., a man was stopped at a red light at Mall Access Road (12500-block) at 88th Avenue when a black SUV pulled up beside him and shot into his vehicle. The man was hit in the left hip, and a passenger was struck in the left wrist and thigh. Both drove to hospital for treatment and wouldnâ€™t co-operate with police.
9. (Delta) March 27, 2015 â€“ Around 11 p.m. multiple witnesses reported seeing a four-door sedan fire five to seven shots into a residence in the 8300-block of 110th Street, subsequently fleeing. Police found shell casings in the front yard. No one was hit.
10. (Surrey) March 28, 2015 â€“ At about 8:30 p.m., several people called 911 saying shots had been heard in the 9400-block of 125th Street, and that two vehicles were seen fleeing. Police found a vehicle damaged by gunfire near 93rd Avenue and 125th Street. A man was found at a local hospital suffering from gunshot wounds to his upper and lower arm. He refused to co-operate with police.
11. (Surrey) April 1, 2015 â€“ Shortly before noon police received reports of a black Honda tailing and firing at a Buick Regal driving southbound on 128th Street near 64th Avenue. Delta Police found the Regal with bullet holes and arrested a man. He refused to co-operate and was released. Shell casings were recovered.
12. (Delta) April 5, 2015 â€“ Shortly before 6 p.m., police received reports of seven gunshots fired in rapid succession near the 11400-block of 79th Avenue. No point of impact was located, but witnessed saw a silver four-door sedan with two East Indian occupants â€“ one in the back of the car with an arm out the window. Police found shell casings at the scene and they are being examined by Delta Police.
13. (Delta) April 5, 2015 â€“ Around 9 p.m., callers reported seeing five shots fired into a home, with one bullet passing through the residence in the 8300-block of 110th Street and striking a vehicle to the north. A grey vehicle was seen leaving the scene, but police did not find shell casings.
14. (Surrey) April 8, 2015 â€“ Just before 5 a.m., Surrey RCMP responded to reports of shots fired in the 6800-block of 128th Street. A man was IDâ€™d as a driver for a dial-a-dope drug dealer when he was tailed after leaving a drug deal.The suspect vehicle I believed to have shot at him from behind. The man drove to a hospital and was treated for a gunshot wound to his back. He was arrested on an outstanding warrant and provided very limited co-operation.
15. (Surrey) April 10, 2015 â€“ Around 5 a.m., Surrey RCMP responded to reports of gunfire in the 11700-block of 96th Avenue. Shots were fired into a home with people inside. No one was injured, and police found shell casings outside.
16. (Surrey) April 11, 2015 â€“ At 7:15 p.m. two men were driving a vehicle when they were approached by a Nissan Altima near 128th Street and 60th Avenue, police say, when shots were fired. No one was injured and police found bullet casings at the scene. The suspect vehicle, the Nissan, was seized by police.
17. (Surrey) April 12, 2015 â€“ Shortly before 5 p.m. police were in the area of 130th Street and 70th Avenue for an unrelated investigation when they heard gunshots ring out. Police found a man with a leg injury and a vehicle with bullet holes. He was taken to hospital. The man and a friend he was with refused to co-operate with police.
18. (Surrey) April 12, 2015 â€“ At about 9 p.m. police responded to reports of gunfire near 137th Street and 88th Avenue. Two men were seen walking down the street getting into a vehicle. Police located a vehicle with bullet holes.
19. (Surrey) April 13, 2015 â€“ Around 2 a.m., police say a grey four-door sedan and a grey Dodge Ram were near 77th Avenue and 146A Street when the occupants of the sedan fired four to five shots at the truck. The victim vehicle was found with bullet holes.
20. (Surrey) April 13, 2015 – At roughly 10:30 p.m., police received calls about gunfire and an accident near 148th Street and 69th Avenue. The Driver of the vehicle that collided with a parked car took off and was seen carrying a gun. The vehicle and bullet exhibits were seized at the scene. No one is co-operating with police.
21. (Surrey) April 15, 2015– At 1 a.m. police responded to reports of gunfire in the area of 128th Street and 66th Avenue. Police say a red pickup and grey SUV were involved. There were no reports of injuries and nobody had been arrested by press time (10:30 a.m., April 15). Police found multiple bullet casings at the scene.
22. (Surrey) April 15, 2015 – At 11:15 p.m. police responded to 911 calls about multiple shots being fired and a dark sedan and newer grey import car leaving the scene.
23. (Surrey) April 19, 2015 – Arun Paul Singh Bains, the nephew of Surrey-Newton NDP MLA Harry Bains, was shot and killed at 126th Street and 88th Avenue. Bains was 22.
24. (Surrey) April 28, 2015 – Shots were fired in Whalley roughly the same time a man arrived at hospital with stab wounds early Tuesday morning. This was at about 3 a.m. Residents called 911, reporting shots being fired, people arguing and cars being driven erratically in the area of 94th Avenue and 124th Street. Police are looking into whether the two incidents are related to one another and to the recent Surrey shootings.
25. (Surrey) April 28, 2015 – At approximately 10:25 p.m., Surrey RCMP received several 911 calls reporting several gun shots being heard in the area of 88th Avenue at 134B Street. Police said checks of the surrounding residences and vehicles along and near the roadway failed to locate anything that had been hit by a bullet.
26. (Surrey) May 7, 2015 – At 2:25 a.m., RCMP say a gold car pulled up to another car on 68th Avenue and 124th Street and started firing shots at it. The victim car drove off westbound on 68th Avenue with the gold car in pursuit. The victim car crashed into a pole at 121st Street and the gold car pulled up again and started firing once more. Nobody was hurt.
27. (Surrey) May 8, 2015 – Police say a â€œhouse disturbance turned violentâ€ in Whalley at 6 a.m. near 104th Avenue and 128th Street. RCMP received reports of gunfire, glass breaking and yelling, and don’t believe this was not a random attack. Police found a man in his mid-twenties with gunshot wounds in the area. Around the same time an adult man and woman, also in their mid-twenties, arrived at a nearby hospital. The man had also been shot and the woman had a minor injury. Both menâ€™s injuries didn’t initially appear to be life-threatening.
28. (Surrey) May 24, 2015. Gunmen in two vehicles opened fire on each other in the 13400-block of 70B Avenue at about 8 p.m. Sunday, not far from W.E. Kinvig Elementary School. Police found bullet shells but no injuries were reported.