Incident at Red Tree Lodge

The fire alarm at the Red Tree Lodge was pulled after smoke filled the motel's laundry room.

  • Jun. 22, 2015 9:00 a.m.

The Fernie Fire Department was dispatched to the Red Tree Lodge late last Friday evening at approximately 11 p.m. when a fire alarm was pulled.

The incident originated in the motel’s laundry room, which had filled up with smoke.

“A haze of smoke was showing in the laundry area and the alarm was pulled. After initial investigation, we determined the dryer was at fault so we cut the power and gas to the dryer, ventilated the building and that was it,” explained Fire Chief Ted Ruiter.


The Free Press