With 10 calls in less than a week, it was a busy few days for the Hope Fire Department. (Facebook)

House fire knocked down quickly by Hope firefighters

Electrical fire contained to ceiling, says fire department

The Hope Fire Department was able to save a home from being completely swallowed by flames on Saturday, Nov. 30.

They responded quickly after a fire was discovered in a residence in the 400-block of Third Avenue, at about 6:30 p.m.

On their Facebook page, they said they were able to contain the blaze from spreading to the rest of the house.

“Upon arrival crews mounted an aggressive interior attack on the single family residence actioning a fire in the ceiling,” they reported. “The fire was contained to the area of origin however the rest of the home suffered smoke and water damage.:

There were no reported injuries and the fire is believed to have been electrical. It is not being considered suspicious.

The fire department used the opportunity to remind everyone about fire safety.

“A reminder to the public to ensure you have working smoke alarms in every bedroom and on every level of your home,” they added.

Just Posted

Most Read