Fridge causes Rainbow Inn fire

  • Jan. 21, 2011 9:00 a.m.
WHAT'S LEFT of the Rainbow Inn lobby that caught fire last night, Jan. 20.

WHAT'S LEFT of the Rainbow Inn lobby that caught fire last night, Jan. 20.

FOUL PLAY is not suspected in the blaze that damaged the lobby of the Rainbow Inn late last week.

Police said that coils on a fridge pushed up against a wall overheated and ignited in the early evening of Jan. 20 in the lobby of the Rainbow Inn.

The night manager escaped without injury and police arrived to find the lobby engulfed in flames, said police.

Officers evacuated all adjacent suites, thereby preventing anyone from getting injured and city firefighters extinguished the blaze shortly thereafter, said police.

Police said there is nothing suspicious about the blaze and the police investigation has been concluded.

Terrace Standard