The Kispiox Gas Bar was destroyed by fire early Thursday morning.

The Kispiox Gas Bar was destroyed by fire early Thursday morning.

Foul play suspected in Kispiox Gas Bar fire

Fire departments were called out early Thursday morning to a blaze at the Kispiox Gas Bar.

A fire that began at approximately 6 am Thursday morning has destroyed the Kispiox Gas Bar.

Lana Johnson, who lives down the block from the gas bar, was woken up by her husband who noticed the flames. He rushed out to try and put out the fire while Johnson called 911.

“It started on the side and then the flames came out of the top building and were shooting across, everything happened so fast and everyone was scrambling,” Lana Johnson said.

“No one expected a fire so early in the morning. We were both running like chickens with our heads cut off.”

“It was a rude awakening, a big fire. We thought about out the store and everything that was in there. But we didn’t see anything or anyone else around at the time,” she said.

The Glen Vowell and the Kispiox Fire Departments were both called out to battle the blaze.

The gas bar was closed when the fire began and there are no injuries to report.

New Hazelton RCMP suspect foul play. Anyone with information is asked to call the detachment at (250) 842-5244 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

 

Smithers Interior News

Just Posted

Most Read