Foam flambé

NANAIMO: Firefighters douse smouldering fire in Beban Park's Kinsmen Participark

  • Sep. 14, 2012 5:00 a.m.
Lieut. Tom Krall, left, with firefighters Kevin Lillingston and Scott Mitrenga, root out any remaining hot spots that might be smouldering under a thick layer of fire retardant foam after a small fire broke out in the Kinsmen Participark on Bowen Road Monday. The fire, measuring about three metres wide, broke out soon after a heavy rain and might have been started by a discarded cigarette, fire crews at the scene said.

Lieut. Tom Krall, left, with firefighters Kevin Lillingston and Scott Mitrenga, root out any remaining hot spots that might be smouldering under a thick layer of fire retardant foam after a small fire broke out in the Kinsmen Participark on Bowen Road Monday. The fire, measuring about three metres wide, broke out soon after a heavy rain and might have been started by a discarded cigarette, fire crews at the scene said.

Nanaimo News Bulletin