Flash fire injures farrier

Burns from a flash fire inside a pickup truck with a canopy sent a Deep Creek farrier to hospital Wednesday

  • Jun. 17, 2015 11:00 a.m.

Burns from a flash fire inside a pickup truck with a canopy sent a Deep Creek farrier to hospital Wednesday. The man had been shoeing horses in the morning and had stopped at the Co-op, Salmon Arm Gas Bar to refill a large propane tank mounted under the canopy. He was disconnecting the filling line from the propane tank, which was close to a small forge.

“There was a release of propane and because the forge was still hot it ignited,” said acting fire chief Jim Nickles. “Paramedics transported him to the hospital. They were concerned about his airway.”

Nickles says one child inside the crew cab was not injured, nor was a Co-op attendant who was standing at the back of the truck.

 

Salmon Arm Observer

Just Posted

Most Read