Fire not explosion kills residents

Foul play not suspected in fatal explosion near Clinton

The Clinton RCMP responded to a residential fire at 1238 Pavilion Rd. in Clinton on Feb. 12.

Upon arrival by Emergency Health Services, Clinton Volunteer Fire Department and RCMP, two males and a dog were found deceased at the scene.

Upon cursory examination, it was thought the fire started from an explosion.  However, on Feb. 13, the Fire Commission Structural Protection Specialists confirmed this was not the case.

It appears the fire started as the result of a heat source left on the kitchen table. The occupants of the house are believed to have retired for the evening, and were likely alerted to the fire by the smoke detectors and dogs.

As the occupants entered the localized area of the fire, according to the Clinton RCMP, the heat and toxic fumes overcame them.

The Fire Commission has ruled the fire as accidental, and no foul play is suspected.

The names of the deceased are being held until the notification of family members.

100 Mile House Free Press