An overnight fire at a supportive housing complex in downtown Victoria has caused extensive damage to the four-story building.
Just after midnight crews were called to the Victoria Cool Aid apartments in the 700-block of Pandora Avenue for reports of a structure fire. They quickly located the fire in a fourth floor suite, believed to be caused by smoking materials.
The building’s sprinkler system suppressed the majority of the fire, which was contained to the object of origin, according to officials. But it was the additional water damage from the sprinkler that caused the majority of damage, dripping into the suites directly below.
The Victoria Fire Department estimates the damage to be $100,000. There were no injuries reported to occupants of the building.