An evacuation alert was issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District on July 21 and was still in effect at press time.
It states there is a wildfire at Adams River on the north end of Adams Lake and the wildfire poses an imminent threat to people and property.
The Thompson-Nicola Regional District has issued an evacuation alert for the following area:
• Six properties at Adams River (north end of Adams Lake) including 12400, 12504, 12505, 12595, 12680 and 12685 Adams West Forest Service Road.
For updates go to the TNRD website at https://www.tnrd.ca/.
The evacuation alert was issued to prepare residents to evacuate their premises and property should it be found necessary.
Residents will be given as much advance warning as possible prior to the evacuation; however, they may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
What you should do when an alert is in effect:
1. Locate all family members and be prepared to evacuate your residence and property to an identified safe reception centre.
2. Gather essential items such as medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (insurance), photographs and immediate care needs for dependents.
3. Prepare to move any disabled persons and children.
4. Collect pets and pet needs.
5. If possible, move livestock to a safe area. This is not an evacuation order. If an evacuation is required, additional information, including the location and directions to the reception centre will be provided.