One person was taken to the hospital early on Friday as Saanich Fire Department responded to a 4 a.m. house fire in the 700-block of Cordova Bay Rd.
“The first arriving crews witnessed light smoke rising from the structure,” said Captain Rob Heppell. “An interior attack quickly extinguished the fire.”
A smoke alarm alerted both people at the time of the blaze. One person was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.The cause of the fire is not know at this time. Damage to the structure is approximately $200,000.
Saanich Fire responded with two engine companies, two ladder companies, a rescue truck and a command vehicle.
B.C. Hydro and BCAS also attended this incident to provide assistance.