Communities in the North Okanagan-Shuswap are receiving a helping hand.
The provincial government has announced B.C. Rural Dividend grants to help communities diversify and strengthen their economies.
“The B.C. Rural Dividend was developed to ensure that rural British Columbians can share in economic opportunities now and into the future,” said Donna Barnett, minister of state for rural economic development.
“These investments will build capacity in rural communities and lay the foundation for future growth, economic certainty and opportunity for all British Columbians.”
In the North Okanagan-Shuswap, the recipients are:
* Armstrong Spallumcheen Chamber of Commerce: $10,000
* Village of Lumby: $10,000
* Neskonlith Indian Band (Chase): $10,000
* Shuswap Hut and Trail Alliance Society (Salmon Arm): $9,809
* District of Sicamous: $10,000
* Splatsin Development Corporation (Enderby): $10,000
* Switzmalph Cultural Society (Salmon Arm): $9,995
* Whitevalley Community Resource Centre (Lumby): $10,000