A Vernon man who was taking his newly-purchased classic Oldsmobile to a car show ended up causing his own fiery production.
The 1964 classic car caught fire on Fulton Road about 5 p.m. Tuesday. Smoke billowed from the hood while flames licked the undercarriage.
“I just got it three weeks ago,” said the owner, who lives in the area and was heading to the Village Green Hotel for the Tuesday night Sun Valley Cruisers car show.
“It’s cruise night.”
The blaze started under the hood and damaged the front end of the vehicle.
Fire crews were called to the scene and able to extinguish the flames before the blaze destroyed the entire vehicle.
The driver was able to escape the fire without injury.