An accidental fire consumed a Coldstream shed Sunday morning.
Coldstream and Lavington fire departments were called to the 13800 block of Ponderosa Way at 8:20 a.m. and worked for two hours to contain a shed/boathouse fire from spreading to a nearby home and trees.
“By the time (crews) arrived on scene flames were 30 to 40 feet in the air with black smoke,” said Coldstream fire chief Shane Code.
“The building was a complete loss.”
Although they could not save the shed, crews did stop the blaze from spreading to the residence as well as the neighbouring Kalamalka Lake Provincial Park.
Fire investigator Lawrie Skolrood says the blaze was accidental.
“There was a space heater that came in touch with combustibles,” said Skolrood.