Armstrong incident shocks employee

Worker transported to hospital following possible electrical shock at store

A workplace incident in Armstrong sent a male to hospital Tuesday.

“He was working on some electrical equipment,” said Armstrong Fire Chief Ian Cummings.

The incident, initially reported as an electrocution, took place at the Old Ranch Liquor Store on Pleasant Valley Boulevard around 11 a.m.

“An employee of the store reached behind a cooler and received a 220 volt shock,” said RCMP spokesperson Kelly Brett. “The employee did not receive any injuries, however was transported to the nearest medical facility as a precaution.”

Owners of the store say the worker has since returned home.

“Somebody just got spooked,” said the owner, who did not want to be identified. “He’s all good now.”

The worker was startled, according to the owner, but no malfunctions were discovered.

“The electrician came in and found nothing.”

WorkSafe BC has been notified of the incident and is looking into it.


@VernonNewsjennifer@vernonmorningstar.comLike us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Vernon Morning Star

Just Posted

Most Read