Want to vote early in the B.C. election? You’ll get your first chance tomorrow.
The first of eight separate days of advance voting for the May 9 provincial election will open tomorrow (April 29) and there will be additonal opportunities Sunday, April 30 and May 3 to 6 in all ridings across B.C.
All advance polling places will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and voters can cast their ballots at any advnce voting location. All locations are wheelchair accessible.
Voters must show identification to cast a ballot—both at advance polls and on general election day, and that can include a B.C. drivers licence, B.C. Identification Card or B.C. Services Card (all with a photos) or a Certificate of Indian Status.
An alternative is to show two pieces of identification, both with your name on them and one at least one with your current address on it. Examples of documents that will be accepted include government-issued documents such as CareCards, both certificates, passports, citizenship certificates and B.C. Services Cards, along with non-government documents with your address prited on them such as your “where to vote” card, utility bills and even a bus pass.
Voters without any identification can have a registered voter vouch for them at the poll.
For a full list acceptable documents, and information about where to vote, how to vote and other election-related issues, go to the Elections BC website at electionsbc.ca.
The advance voting locations in the Central Okanagan include:
• Dr. Knox Middle School – 121 Drysdale Blvd.
• Kelowna International Airport – 5533 Airport Way
• Rutland Centennial Hall – 180 Rutland Rd North
• St. David’s Presbyterian Church – 271 Snowsell St.
and in Lake Country:
• Winfield Memorial Hall – 10130 Bottom Wood Lake Rd.
• A.S. Matheson Elem School – 2090 Gordon Dr .
• East Kelowna Comm Hall – 2704 East Kelowna Rd.
• Evangel Church – 3261 Gordon Dr.
• Mission Creek Alliance Church – 2091 Springfield Rd.
• Okanagan Mission Comm Hall – 4409 Lakeshore Rd.
• Willow Park Church – 439 33 Hwy West
In West Kelowna:
• Emmanuel Church – 2600 Hebert Rd.
• George Pringle Elem School – 3770 Elliott Rd.
• Super 8 West Kelowna Hotel – Super 8 West Kelowna Hotel
• Kelowna Curling Club – 551 Recreation Ave.
• Grace Baptist Church – 1150 Glenmore Dr.
For more 2017 BC Election coverage click here.