The City of Williams Lake is reminding the public that Friday is the last day to submit nominations for the Williams Lake Accessibility Advisory Committee’s Accessibility Award of Merit.
The committee invites the public to nominate groups or businesses that have made a significant contribution to improve accessibility within the City of Williams Lake.
Award Nomination Guidelines:
• Businesses nominated must be located within the city of Williams Lake boundaries.
• Individuals could live outside the boundaries, but must provide a service to the citizens of Williams Lake.
• Individuals, organizations and businesses are eligible for nominations.
• The nominee has demonstrated a commitment to increase accessibility above and beyond what is required by law or regulation.
• The nominee has improved accessibility for persons with disabilities and/or special needs.
• The business, individual or group being nominated must have provided a service for the people of Williams Lake.
• The nominator must provide strong evidence in support of the nominee’s contribution and/or commitment. Letters of support will enhance the nomination.
• Nominators can submit more than one nomination.
• Nominators cannot nominate themselves.
• Improvements or contributions should have occurred in the past two years.
• Accessibility photographs would be useful to the Selection Committee.
Nomination forms can be found online at www.williamslake.ca, or a nomination form can be completed and forwarded to the Williams Lake Accessibility Advisory Committee at:
Williams Lake Accessibility Advisory Committee
c/o Cariboo Memorial Recreation Complex
525 Proctor St, Williams Lake, B.C., V2G 4J1
The application deadline is Friday.
Awards will be announced during a council meeting in June.