If you enjoy the game of cribbage, drop down to the Kent Street Centre and join the cribbage and bid whist group that meets every Thursday, from 1-3:15 p.m.
There is also a 10-card crib tournament the fourth Friday of every month with friendly competition and prizes.
Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• Why not give the gift of fitness this Valentine’s Day by choosing a one-month drop-in gym pass, or the basic gym routine – four-session training program at the Centre for Active Living – and receive two for the price of one. This sale ends Feb. 13. Call 604-541-2199 for more information.
• Learn how to release excess muscle tension in your neck using the Alexander Technique on Monday, Feb. 15, 6-8 p.m. at the Centre for Active Living. Discover how to create more flexibility and ease of movement in the body to reduce shoulder or back pain. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Snow conditions are great, so it’s a perfect time to register for a snowshoe walk.
Enjoy a relaxed outing at a moderate pace on the trails in Manning Park. The next two trips are on Monday, Feb. 15 and 29. All walks are led by a qualified guide. Transportation is included and snowshoe rental is available. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Registration is filling up fast for the Savvy Seniors event on Tuesday, March 1, 9 a.m-3:30 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre. Enjoy a day of safety and empowerment workshop for only $5 (includes lunch).
Included in the event is fraud and financial awareness, staying safe on the street, travel safety and more. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Have your say on arts and culture in White Rock.
The City of White Rock is dedicated to working with the community to enhance and create opportunities for arts and culture to thrive. Public input is requested through an arts and culture survey to learn more about the community’s thoughts on arts and culture in White Rock. Go online to complete the survey at http://talkwhiterock.ca/surveys/arts-and-culture-2016 or pick up a copy at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
Fill out the survey and have a chance to win two Encore performance tickets.
• Do you have difficulty sleeping through the night or falling asleep?
Learn good sleep hygiene, review non-prescription options available to help you get a good night sleep. Prescription medications to help with insomnia will also be discussed at a health talk at the Centre for Active Living on Feb. 18, 10 -11 a.m. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
n Are you curious about mindfulness meditation and interested in giving it a try?
A one-session workshop will be held on Thursday, Feb. 18, 7:30-9:30p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre. Register by calling 604-541-2199.
• Drop down to Kent Street Activity Centre tonight for the Wednesday night dance in the auditorium. Doors open at 7 p.m. and Good Vibrations will be on stage from 7:30-10:30 p.m. Everyone 50-plus is welcome.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.