Watch for it to be delivered today in your Peace Arch News. Check out all the amazing trips and get ready to register Monday, May 16, at 8:30 a.m. by phone or in person and at 7:30 a.m. on the city website.
• Do you find the dinner hour a hard time to be at home alone? Not sure what to cook for dinner for one?
Join us in the Kent Street kitchen Thursdays starting May 26, 4-6 p.m., as we create a meal, enjoy the meal together and take a meal home to enjoy later.
Recipes are homey, simple and created in an easy, fun atmosphere.
Call to register 604-541-2199.
• What are you doing on Tuesday afternoons?
If you enjoy a game of chance, then drop down and try your luck at bingo at the Kent Street Activity Centre from 1-3 p.m.
Not a White Rock Recreation and Culture member? Come try out bingo or any activity group three times before becoming a paid member.
Call 604-2231 for more information.
• The next Encore Peninsula Concert is scheduled for Sunday, May 15, 3 p.m., at the First United Church in White Rock.
The String Ensemble from West Coast Symphony under the baton of Bujar Llapaj will join Eugene Skovorodnikov at the piano to present the famous Eine Kleine Nachtmusik by Mozart, and Concerto No. 1 for Piano, Trumpet and Strings by D. Shostakovich.
To purchase tickets over the phone, call 604-501-5566 and press 1. To purchase tickets in person, visit the White Rock Community Centre, Kent Street Activity Centre or Centennial Park Leisure Centre.
• Take your walking to another level using special rubber tipped walking poles that reduce stress to hip and knee joints.
The arm-motion technique exercises the whole body and is easy to learn.
Poles are provided for this Urban Pole walking program for adults 55+. Next class begins on Friday, May 13.
Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• On Thursday, May 12, 7-9 p.m at the White Rock Community Centre, enjoy an inspiring and informative seminar on walking the 800-kilometre Camino de Santiago in Spain.
Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Thank you as well to all of the volunteers and donors who helped with the Kent Street Society’s Plant & Bake Sale.
It was a huge success with a great turnout.
Thanks to the following businesses for generously supporting the event: Art Knapp Nursery & Garden Centre, David Hunter Garden Centre, Pan Am Nursery Products, Potters Ocean Park Nursery, Rona, West Coast Garden Centre and Bonsai.
All proceeds go to support Kent Street Activity Centre projects.
• Take steps towards good health on Friday, May 13 at the Move for Health Walk with your Doc.
Bring your family and friends down for a beautiful morning walk along the promenade between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m. Free parking until 10 a.m.
For more information, please visit www.whiterockcity.ca
• Good Vibrations will be playing at the Kent Street Wednesday night dance from 7:30-10:30 p.m.
Tickets at the door at 7 p.m. Refreshments served midway, singles and couples 50+ welcome!
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.