It’s spring. The flowers are blooming, the birds are chirping, and it’s time to get out into the garden.
Let Kent Street Activity Centre assist you in your gardening ventures with plants from the annual Plant and Bake Sale.
Doors open at 9 a.m. this Saturday (April 25) until noon.
Any donations of your excess outdoor plants, seedlings, herbs or bulbs would be greatly appreciated and can be dropped off on Friday, 4-7 p.m.
• There are many affordable and interesting health talks coming up Tuesdays at the Centre for Active Living.
Improve your lymphatic health through reflexology on April 28 at 7 p.m. Discover home remedies that assist in boosting the immune system, relieving congestion and pain, getting rid of toxins and promoting healing. On May 5 at 10 a.m., learn about which vitamins and supplements can help you live a healthier life and discover the role of antioxidants, omega 3 amino acids, melatonin and others.
Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Every Friday afternoon from 1-3 p.m., you are welcome to join Kent Street’s Stitch & Chat group and work on your own needlecraft, knitting or quilting project in the company of others.
This is a great opportunity to socialize and share ideas.
Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• Find inspiration at the Kent Street Choristers Spring Concert, Young at Heart, on May 22.
The stirring performances will be sure to bring a smile to your face.
Tickets are available from any choir member or at the Kent Street Activity Centre for $15.
Doors open at First United Church at 7 p.m.
• Is it time to go for a driving update? What you are doing to reduce your risk and improve your driving?
Sign up now for the May 7 Mature Driving Workshop at the White Rock Community Centre. Assess your driving skills and update your knowledge of vehicle safety features and road regulations.
Presented by White Rock Community Policing and BCAA Traffic Safety, there is no charge for this morning seminar.
Pre-registration is required. Call 604-541-2199.
• Quartette is the featured Wednesday night dance band for April 22, so be sure to come to Kent Street 7:30-10:30 p.m. for social dancing with friends.
Dance music for April 29 will be provided by Silver Stars.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.