The Arts of Classical Harmonica Playing workshop by Anthony Lau will be held September 26, Friday, at 6:30 pm
Venue: The New Moon Gallery Studio, 2525 Dobbin Road, West Kelowna, B.C.
Host: Linda Lovisa, the New Moon Gallery.
Admission: Free (First come, first served with seats)
Content of the Work Shop :
– The origin of harmonica (dated back circa 433 BC in China)
– Why it is called Classical Harmonica. What does it do as a musical instrument
– The working/construction/function of a chromatic harmonica
– Chromatic harmonica in comparison with other wind instruments (Flute, oboe etc.)
– Repertoire (What type of music selected to be played)
– Works of famous composers for the harmonica (Vaughan Williams, Villa Lobos, etc.)
– Sample of famous classical harmonica players’ recordings (including Anthony Lau’s)
– Live demonstration
– Two pieces of works of J.S. Bach (accompanied by Melodie Belke)- Questions and answers period
– Light refreshment from the host.