• Saturday, Steps Dance Centre, 11 a.m. Free Beginner Youth Hip Hop Dance Workshop presented by Trail and District Arts Council. Register online.
• Saturday, Kootenay DanceWorks, 4 p.m. Free Beginner Youth Hip Hop Dance Workshop presented by Trail and District Arts Council. Register online.
• Saturday, Rossland Summit School, 7-9 p.m. Dance Cypher. Show your new moves, challenge friends or just watch. By donation, all ages welcome.
• Sunday, Bailey Theatre, 6-8 p.m. Fourth Annual Youth Arts Festival Trail & Nelson presents Ouro Collective: Tangent. In this piece Ouro Collective translates, through movement and hip hop dance styles (whacking, breaking, popping and contemporary dance), behaviour of self-absorption and extreme individualism. Opening acts are Steps Dance Centre and Kootenay Danceworks.
• Monday (Feb. 19), Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital, 1-3 p.m. The Society for the Protection and Care of Seniors’ annual Memorial Vigil for “Services Lost” will be held outside hospital.
• Thursday, Jazz at the Griff, 7:30 p.m. Melody Diachun Quintet performing jazz, Broadway tunes and pop songs. Her warm, beautiful voice and polished stage presence delight audiences of all ages and tastes.
• Sunday, Rossland Legion, 7 p.m. Joe Hill Coffee House presents talented local performers: Dave Scanlan and Friends; Les Carter, eclectic, interesting songs; newcomer Scott Forsyth; harmonious duo Michael Gifford and Shelley Ackerman; Bert Kniss; and Kootenay Jack, country and more from the old pro. Admission $3, doors open 6:30 p.m. Always looking for new performers, all welcome; no auditions. For more info contact Les Carter at email@example.com, 250.362.5677.
• VISAC Gallery showing Breastfeeding Art Expo. A celebration of community, art and breastfeeding. Free, all ages welcome. Show runs until March 2, only local stop on B.C. tour.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre, 4:30 p.m. Sunday Cinema presents Call Me By Your Name. It’s the summer of 1983 in Northern Italy, and precocious Elio Perlman is spending the days with his family at their 17th-century villa.
• Feb. 22, Trail Seniors Centre, noon. Banquet of roast beef, music by Peter Makortoff. Tickets $18. Looking for new members. For info call 250.364.0960.
• Feb. 24, Bailey Theatre, 7 p.m. RLOP presents an encore of Finding a Wife for Gino. Romantic comedy. When Gino Santucci’s family calls a matchmaker, you know the situation is dire. Mamma’s wringing her hands and old flames refuse to rekindle. Tickets $25, adult content.
• Feb. 25, Trail United Church, 2 p.m. Greater Trail Hospice Society presents The Romantics. Carolyn Cameron performing classical piano from the romantic era. Admission by donation, all proceeds to hospice.
• March 10, Salvation Army Church, 11 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. Borscht (or chicken soup) and Dessert Luncheon and Bake Sale. Tickets $8, located 2030 Second Ave. East Trail.