Local artists were celebrated Saturday evening at The Reach Gallery Museum with the presentation of the annual Arty Awards.
The awards, now in their 15th year, are administered by the Abbotsford Arts Council and honoured artists in nine categories, including Lifetime Achievement, which was presented to Kris Foulds, longtime curator of historical collections at The Reach.
Other recipients were:
• Arts Advocate – Marc Forcier
• Emerging Artist – Tara Faulks
• Lifestyle – Robyn Marshall
• Literary Arts – Chad Reimer
• Media Arts – funFAYR Pictures
• Performing Arts – Ben Cottrill
• Visual Arts – Rebekah Brackett
• Youth Achievement – Priscilla Gubiotti
The gala event included performances by Cottrill and nominees Wenonah Justin, Sydney Beau and Kyler Pierce.
MC for the evening was comic Cliff Prang, recipient of the 2018 Arty Award in the performing arts category.
Those nominated for the award must be residents of Abbotsford or should have made a significant impact on the Abbotsford arts community.