Lift Off by Barbara Martin. Photo submitted

Lift Off by Barbara Martin. Photo submitted

Pearl Ellis Gallery presents 43rd Anniversary Members’ Show

The show is set from Sept. 3 to Oct. 10.

The Pearl Ellis Gallery is pleased to present its Members’ Anniversary Show from Sept. 3 to Oct. 10.

A variety of styles and themes will be displayed and available for purchase.

In 1977 a small group of artists, inspired and lead by Comox artist Pearl Ellis, formed to establish an arts centre to display and promote the study of the arts under the name of Comox Arts Society.

In 1980, with interest increasing, it was renamed the Filberg Gallery Association and located on the lower floor of what was then the public library in Comox. As the art community in the Comox Valley continued to develop, volunteers founded what is now the Pearl Ellis Gallery of Fine Arts in 2005. The gallery is now located upstairs at the same location with the entrance on Comox Avenue.

The gallery has grown to include a membership of more than 200 artists and supporters and is funded by donations, grants, support from the Town of Comox, and commissions from the sales of art. An artist-run gallery, it operates solely through the dedication of volunteers.

The Pearl Ellis Gallery is located at 1729 Comox Avenue in Comox. The gallery is currently open Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. with COVID protocols in place. Signage for direction and spacing has been installed and hand sanitizer is available at the door. Gallery capacity is limited to six people at a time.

For more information about the gallery, and to see a virtual display of the exhibition, visit www.pearlellisgallery.com.

Comox Valley Record

Just Posted

Most Read