Celebrate 25 seasons with the Chemainus Theatre Festival on Friday, June 23 from 3 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Publicist Michelle Vogelgesang is ecstatic.
“In the world of theatre, reaching 25 seasons is a grand milestone, and we’ve done it,” she said. “Over the past 25 seasons, the festival has held thousands of professional performances, with now over 300 performances per year. As one of B.C.’s largest performing arts organizations, we welcome over 70,000 annual patrons to enjoy live theatre experiences by notable directors, talented actors, and imaginative designers.
“We are incredibly grateful for all of the support that we’ve received from the community. Chemainus and the Cowichan region have been wonderful partners in this journey and we couldn’t wish for a better place to live and work.”
To celebrate this milestone and say thank you, the happy gang at Chemainus is holding an open house.
They’ve planned a range of free festivities for this time, including
• Displays celebrating 25 seasons of live professional theatre; including props, costumes, set models and photographs
• Pop-up readings, indoor and outdoor
• Mix and mingle with actors, directors, volunteers and staff
• Trivia quizzes and contests – fun trivia and a contest for the patron with the oldest ticket and the most tickets
• Fun for kids with interactive displays, a bouncy castle, face painting and more
• Live music and entertainment
The Chemainus Theatre is a registered not-for-profit charity, just like professional theatres all across Canada, and the last 25 years would not have been possible without the support of the community, Vogelgesang said.
And, she suggested, make a day of it by staying for dinner at one of the local restaurants or visiting one of the onsite food trucks.
You can also reserve tickets for the 8 p.m. performance of Rock Legends: The Sequel to Twist and Shout online at chemainustheatre.ca or by calling the box office at 250-246-9820.