MONTREAL — Young entrepreneurs have until April 3, 2014, at noon, Eastern Daylight Time to enter the BDC Young Entrepreneur Award contest organized by the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC). Canadian business owners aged 18 to 35 compete for a grand prize of $100,000 and a second prize of $25,000 in consulting services from BDC.
BDC is looking for young entrepreneurs who face a turning point: continue at their current pace or grow to achieve long-term success. Applicants have to submit a short video describing their turning point and proposed solution. All entries must describe a project that has yet to be implemented. Apply online at www.bdc.ca/yea and review more information about the format of the video submission, contest rules, eligibility criteria and application process.
Created by the Business Development Bank of Canada in 1988, the BDC Young Entrepreneur Award contest pays tribute to Canadian entrepreneurs between 18 and 35 years of age. Up to 11 finalists — one for each province and one for the combined territories — will be selected to compete for a $100,000 grand prize. A second prize of $25,000 in consulting services will be awarded to the runner-up.
For the first time, a national committee will give each finalist a score that will be combined with the public vote. The national committee evaluation is weighted to account for 30 per cent of each project’s final ranking and the public vote will account for the remaining 70 per cent of the ranking.
For updates about the 2014 BDC Young Entrepreneur Award, follow BDC on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Visit bdc.ca/awards to learn about other ways in which BDC recognizes Canadian entrepreneurs.