Robert Barron

Cobble Hill remembers lost military members with ceremony, flyover

Annual event commemorates those who died in non-combat roles

Possible routes identified for new Cowichan sewage pipe

Public input will be sought in decision

North Cowichan council members face financial ding for bad behaviour

Penalties part of new code of conduct

Cowichan Valley candidates talk addictions, old growth forests at forum

Questions included issues around homelessness, addiction and transportation

Economic recovery important for Liberal candidate Tanya Kaul

Mental health, addictions and environment also in platform

Incumbent Sonia Furstenau says lots of work to be done in Cowichan Valley

MLA for Cowichan named leader of BC Green Party last month

Kaul energized to run again for the Liberals in 4 years

"I have a team already in place so we'll be ready."

Business notes: New fish and chips shop opens in Chemainus

Bits and pieces of what's happening in the Cowichan business community

City of Duncan looking to grant to cover cost of Cairnsmore traffic circle

Federal government would cover 60%, province would pick up the other 40%.

Community Service Society vital for Lake Cowichan

Dozens of programs and other services offered

Poor condition of rural road in Cowichan has resident fed up

Transportation Ministry says repair plan under development

City of Duncan considers applying for grant for Station Street project

New provincial program offers grants of up to $1 million

Langford could teach North Cowichan ways to deal with social issues: Siebring

Island city has only eight homeless people, according to last count

Duncan’s Whistler Street sees a fresh lick of paint in opioid battle

Group wants to help clean up community, one street at a time

Federal NDP leader Jagmeet Singh visits Lake Cowichan

Rob Douglas, NDP's candidate for Cowichan Valley, joins him

Clements Centre in Duncan hosts annual Sock Drive

Non-profit hopes to collect 2,020 pairs of new socks this year

Business notes: Riot Brewing names new beer after Vancouver Island drag queen

Here's some of what's happening in the Cowichan business community

Advance polls in Cowichan for provincial election run from Oct. 15-21

Six locations in the Cowichan Valley to advance vote

North Cowichan considers safety measures on two roadways

Residents of Indian Road and Beaumont Avenue asking for speed bumps