Rodeo stars put on a show at Agrifair
The Mighty Fraser Pro Rodeo packed the grandstands at Agrifair on the weekend, and spectators were treated to fantastic performances in seven events.
• Kyle Bowers of Brooks, Alta. was the bareback riding champ, scoring 86 points to edge Luke Creasy (85) and Kelly Wardell (83).
• Steer wrestling ended in a tie for top spot, with Clayton Moore of Pouce Coupe, B.C. and Chance Butterfield of Ponoka, Alta. both clocking in at 3.9 seconds. Travis Reay and Dru Melvin tied for third at 4.2 seconds.
• The Central Alberta duo of Rocky Ross and Marty Lillico wrapped up the team roping event in 5.3 seconds, besting Travis Gallais/Kevin Schreiner (5.9) and Doug Wilkinson/Jacob Scott (6.6).
• Sam Kelts of Millarville, Alta. took the saddle bronc with a score of 85.5, beating out Chet Johnson (84) and Justin Meston (82).
• Ben Robinson of Red Deer County, Alta. won the tie-down roping with a time of 8.3 seconds, ahead of Curtis Cassidy (8.5) and Mike Johnson (8.6).
• Suzanne DePaoli of Longview, Alta. was the ladies barrel-racing champ, clocking in at 15.304 seconds to edge Sarah Gerard (15.380) and Kirsty White (15.477).
• Tyler Thomson of Black Diamond, Alta. scored 84.5 points to win the bull riding event, ahead of Scott Schiffner and Adam Jamison, who tied at 83 points.