Connect with Us
Test day for Rossland Figure Skating Club
Nine Skaters from the Rossland Figure Skating Club travelled to Revelstoke on the weekend of Feb. 21-22 to participate in a test day.
The skaters, coached by Sabrina Hinson, were partnered for their dances by Michael Farrington, who competed in dance in the 1988 Olympics. Skaters passing tests were as follows:
• Elle Ballendine - baby blues
• Erin Flood - baby blues
• Loren Corkill - baby blues, swing, fiesta tango and preliminary skating skills
• Morgan Corkill - swing, fiesta tango and preliminary skating skills
• Brian Chan - canasta tango, baby blues, fiesta tango, preliminary skating skills, preliminary freeskate test - elements and solo
• Desiree Cassidy - junior bronze freeskate - elements and solo
• Payton Reed - blues and starlight waltz
• Ella Knight - junior silver skating skills, junior bronze freeskate - elements and solo
• Sianna Tomich - gold skating skills, gold interpretive and junior silver freeskate elements
Next up for the skaters is the Year End Ice Show on Wednesday, March 12 from 4:30-6 p.m. The public is welcome to attend and admission is by donation.
The Rossland Figure Skating Club is GOING TO THE MOVIES!
It's that time of year when skaters are practicing their performances for the year end show on ice. This year's theme ranges from the young ones dressed up as bumblebees from the modern Bee Movie to some oldies from the 1960s stint of Hairspray.
The showcase should be loads of fun and entertaining for the club and anyone from the public is welcome to attend. There will be refreshments available and a donation is encouraged.
Mark the date and time 4:30 to 6pm, Wednesday March 12th at the Rossland Arena.
Sabrina Hinson; the head coach has much to be proud of, as the club wraps up the season. Some members of the RFSC are also heading to Kelowna this weekend, March 8th for the Super Series Figure Skating Competition which gets streamed online for viewers from afar.
The RFSC has the oppurtunity to attend several dance tests in Fruitvale on March 15th and a Spring School in April to advance their skating skills, hosted by the Beaver Valley Club.