Connect with Us
Drayson Price — Top 20 Valley Youth Athlete 2013
1. Detail your proudest sports moment of 2013.
2. What’s the most unexpected or surprising thing that happened to you in your sport?
3. Who’s the individual or team you compete against in your sport that you admire most and why?
4. Who’s a favourite athlete or role model?
5. What things have you given up or aspirations set aside in order to achieve your success?
6. How do you see your experiences in sports impacting your adult life?
1. So far my proudest sports moment of 2013 would have to be making B.C.’s Rising Stars team, in which we beat Alberta in the first-ever B.C. vs. Alberta game and I was awarded Defensive MVP.
2. The most unexpected moment of our season was losing in semifinals to Nanaimo, a team we had beaten in the last game of the regular season. They were definitely the underdogs in that game as we were ranked tied for first in the league.
3. I admire Nanaimo for rising up to the challenge we presented to them in semifinals, beating us and going on to be the provincial champions.
4. My favorite athlete and football role model has always been Ray Lewis. He is an animal on the field and played the leadership role very well on his team during his time in the NFL and has inspired many athletes.
5. Since football became my main focus, a lot of social time with my friends gets cut out, making time for practices, school and the gym. I don’t find it as much of a problem though because I’m doing something I love and a few of my friends play football and work out as well.
6. Hopefully my football career carries on into my adult life and I can use it to help pay for an education and someday make a living off of doing what I love most.