Roses and Rotten Tomatoes (Feb. 16, 2017)
Send your submissions to email@example.com
- Roses to the volunteers, staff and their friends and family members who drove them to keep the Fraser Health crisis line operational 24/7 with no down time throughout the recent series of snow storms. Logged 486 volunteer hours and 916 calls answered in the snowiest week of the year! Thank you for your dedication and commitment to provide immediate, free and confidential emotional support, crisis intervention and community resource information to people of all ages.
- Huge bouquet of roses to neighbours of Hereford Place in Cloverdale for taking it upon yourselves to clear the heavy snow/ice so water could flow toward all the drainage grates, on both sides of the street. Well done. Very much appreciated.
- Roses to the players on the winless Surrey Knights who played hard but just couldn’t get that ‘W’ this season.
- A bucket of roses to the neighbour who kept our driveways open with his snowblower during the recent snowstorms. Much appreciated.
- A big basket of roses to the kids who slogged through the snow to deliver our ‘Now’ and ‘Leader’ newspapers this week.
Email your Roses to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rotten tomatoes to homeowners and renters who do not clear their driveways of snow, then park their vehicles on the road with no consideration for neighbours, traffic, emergency vehicles and sanding/plowing trucks!
- Rotten tomatoes to the municipal clowns who think it’s sport to see how many times they can block my driveway with the snow they plow (I just push it back into the street anyway). Plow it into the middle, where it can melt and won’t block the street drains.
- Rotten tomatoes to the parents – or parent – of the kids I caught checking car doors in the convenience store parking lot at Scott Road and 80th. The kids had the nerve to flip me off for calling them out. Do you even know where your kids are?
- Rotten, stinky, moldy maggot-infested tomatoes to the City of Surrey. I am in the process of remodelling three bathrooms and have installed new toilets. I called the city to find out where I could take my toilets for recycling. I was told there is no facility and that they can go to the transfer station. This is unacceptable in 2017; we should be able to recycle them. No wonder people dump trash.
- Rotten tomatoes to whoever came up with Family Day. You suck!
Email your Rotten Tomatoes to email@example.com